Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) under the Government of India. The aim of this scheme is to provide standardization and recognition of skills. It was launched under the Skill India Mission with the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the year 2015. It encourages the youth of India to voluntarily learn or improve upon their already existing skills, to become self-employed, or avail better employment options. A lot of these individuals earn the basic daily wage, and once they complete their training in whichever sector interests them, they are assessed and certified, after which they can be employed.
India has one of the largest pool of younger, employable youth, but they lack the required skill sets. PMKVY was set up to bridge that gap by encouraging the Indian youth to hone their skills, so that India can be a contributor of skilled manpower, nationally and internationally. Under this scheme, the existing daily wage earners are given high-quality training. The fees for the training and the assessment are paid by the Government of India. This is a very encouraging factor for the youth, as financial problems are often one of the reasons they hold themselves back from getting an education.
India is one of the youngest nations in the world. Over 60% of the population falls under the 15-59 age group, while more than 50% of the population is of 25 years of age or less. To fully utilise this potential the country needs to equip the youth with the necessary knowledge and skills so that they can contribute to the economic development of the country.
There is always a high demand for the skilled workforce in secondary and tertiary sectors of the economy. This scheme focuses on the skill development of youth living in these sectors. Since most of India’s workforce is still beneath the poverty line, a very important aim of this scheme is to provide them with income that is better than that of a daily wage earner, so that they can have some stability in terms of income in their lives.
The training programs are worked out on the basis of National Occupational Standards (NOS) and the packs for qualification are developed in several sectors. National Skill Development Council (NSDC) has been made the coordinating and driving agent for the entire scheme.
AISECT is proud to partner with the noble initiative that is Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. The skill India courses offered under this scheme are free of charge and can be taken up by anyone provided they are Indian nationals between 14-35 years of age.
The skill India courses are divided into 34 sectors based on various industries and verticals. AISECT, being a leading partner with the scheme, is allotted the set up of 23 such training centers or Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras (PMKKs).
Some of the sectors that they provide training are as follows:
1. Banking and Finance: This field is for people who are interested in the world of banking, finance, and insurance. The courses offered are: Accounts Executive - Accounts Payable and Receivable and Goods & Services Tax (GST) Accounts Assistant.
2. IT-ITeS: There are several vocational courses that NSDC provides for a bright career in the IT field like Domestic Data Entry Operator.
3. Retail: The retail sector has many jobs to offer once an individual gets trained in courses like Retail Sales Associate.
4. Apparel: This sector offers various jobs for both private and public companies, along with the opportunity to get self-employed. The courses offered under this sector include Sewing Machine Operator and Self Employed Tailor.
5. Security Management: The course gives training for maintaining office security. An example of a course offered for this field includes that of an Unarmed Security Guard.
6. Plumbing: Jobs in the field of plumbing are always in demand, as they are required in every office, households, and even in parks.
These are just some of the courses provided under the AISECT-NSDC partnership to motivate and empower the employable youth of India, to make sure that they have a regular income to rely on.
escort izmir izmir oto kiralama hatay escort denizli escort bayan adana escort bayan